The State Council Religious and Civil Rights Committee has issued the following message from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It has been approved by State Deputy Vinnie Tavormina for immediate distribution to our membership.
Sacred Heart Council 2842, Rochelle Park launched a GoFundMe page to support and show our gratitude to ALL Emergency Response personnel during this crisis. The money raised will go back into the community in the form of much needed meals and supplies to those on the FRONT LINES purchased through LOCAL businesses.
The link to the council’s GoFundMe page: CLICK HERE
Posted with permission of Brother Miraglia.
We are Knights
Most of you know me as your Knights of Columbus General Agent, who supervises the Field Agents who serve the councils in Bergen, Passaic, Morris and Sussex counties, but before that I’m a Brother Knight and as such I wanted to send you a quick note that reflects the posture of the Knights of Columbus and my own commitment to serve you and your family in these unprecedented times.
As a framework, I want to employ the five pillars that Supreme Knight Carl Anderson has pointed to as characteristics found in men who, in time of crisis, not only survive but lead.
First, we remain rooted in the truth of the faith. We pray for one another, for the sick and the dying, and for the Church and world. In this we remain true to Fr. McGivney’s vision of protecting families within the sure tracks of the Catholic faith.
Second, the Knights can be counted on to step into the breach. When disasters strike, the Knights are there with prayer and work, supporting first responders, providing shelter and assistance to those affected. This time is no different. Working together, we remain united and strong.
Third, a Knight stays at his post. I understand that you have concerns about health, finances, job security, savings, retirement, and these have only increased in these days. I am here to help allay those concerns and to answer any questions you may have.
Fourth, we are ready to suffer for the good. It has fallen to us agents and our Supreme Council leadership to roll up our sleeves and get to work so we can remain effective as we work remotely and maintain social distance. To that end, we are employing new technology that allows us to meet “virtually,” using a secure video conferencing software. It allows us to see each other, and to share a screen that features forms and other graphics.
Finally, a Knight maintains humble confidence. My commitment to you, our members and families, remains steady and is built not primarily on my qualifications but on the strength of our Order, which has grown and strengthened over more than 135 years. Our Order is strong and our guarantees remain in place.
As always, my agents and I stand ready to help. If you or anyone you know need assistance of any kind during these trying times, please feel free to contact me at 888-632-2257 or by replying to this email.
Cardinal Tobin has launched an initiative to help parishes communities struggling to meet critical needs during the COVID-10 crisis.
Please consider a tax-deductible donation to the Archdiocesan Parishes Support Program. All funds will support parish communities struggling to pay their employees, conduct outreach programs, and cover church utility bills during this crisis.
Brothers of Bergen,
Please refer to the links below for messages from State Deputy Vince Tavormina regarding direction from Supreme Knight Carl Anderson and his message regarding the 2020 New Jersey State Convention. Please feel free to pass the links to your Brother Knights.
Please note the following events have been cancelled or postponed due to Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- March 14: St. Ann Council 2853 Irish Night. Will be rescheduled for a later date.
- March 14: St. Anthony Council 11585 Corned Beef Dinner.
- March 21: Archdiocesan Free Throw Contest at Paramus Catholic – POSTPONED to a later date.
- March 28: St. Michael Council 2861 Fish Fry.
- March 30: Bergen Federation Meeting and Bishop’s Night.
- March 30: Queen of Peace, Council 3428, Admission Degree.
- April 7: Sacred Heart, Council 2842 – Exemplification of Charity, Unity, and Fraternity.
- April 14: St. Thomas More, Council 2188 – Exemplification of Charity, Unity, and Fraternity.
- April 19: Exemplification of the Fourth Degree – POSTPONED until November 20, 2020.
- April 25-26: Carmel Council 8982 Breakfast Buffet Fundraiser for St. John Parish, Leonia – CANCELLED
- May 6: Archdiocesan Pride in Our Priests Dinner – POSTPONED – to Fall 2020.
- May 15-16: New Jersey State Convention, Wildwood – CANCELLED – ONLY AS AN ON-SITE EVENT. The State Council is making arrangements to conduct the proceedings online – Sun., May 17.
- Summer 2020: 2020 NJ Special Olympics Summer Games – CANCELLED
- Summer 2020: The Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics – POSTPONED
- All visits to the Paramus Veterans Home – until further notice.
If your council has an event that is being cancelled or postponed due to the Coronavirus, please advise the Webmaster so it can be noted here. Thank you!
This post will be updated as necessary.
Last Update: March 24 at 9:00 PM
If your council has an approved event posted to the website and the council has decided to cancel or postpone the event due to COVID-19, please let me know as soon as possible so I can remove or update the event posting accordingly.